“I feel very strongly that we must do everything in our power to save our planet or our grandchildren will not have a place to live. Let me emphasize that Mary Kay is an environmental leader because we strongly feel it is the right thing to do.”
– Mary Kay Ash
An intelligent and sophisticated woman, Mary Kay understood the importance of saving our planet and piloted her company to be one of the first to employ extensive recycling programs, beginning in 1989, that included its packaging, paper, plastic, corrugated cardboard, ink cartridges, aluminum, and later, old cell phones. Today, it’s known as Pink Doing Green. Mary Kay continues to set an example for responsible companies on a global scale.
Here are just a few way in which Mary Kay’s Pink Doing Green continues its commitment to improve the environment:
- Mary Kay’s global manufacturing facility in Dallas is a zero-landfill site and have achieved a decrease of water consumption by 20%
- Distribution centers in the U.S. and China use packing materials that are 100% biodegradable (biopeanuts), with four facilities now powered by 100% renewable energy.
- Many Mary Kay product inserts are printed on 20% recycled paper.
- The Mary Kay® Botanical Effects™ skin care line boasts product tubes made from 50% post-consumer resin and cartons made from 100% post-consumer recycled materials.
- Mary Kay’s global headquarters in Dallas, TX encourages its entire sales force to return recyclable color refill cases and flip-top caps to: Mary Kay, Inc., MFG Recycling, 1330 Regal Row, Dallas, TX 75247. For every 10 cases received, Mary Kay plants a tree with support from the U.S. Forest Service and the Arbor Day Foundation®.
As an Independent Mary Kay Sales Director, I am completely committed to Mary Kay’s pledge to always be an environmental leader and am so thankful to work for a company concerned with making a difference in the lives of others. You can read more about Mary Kay’s commitment to the communities where we live and work here.
Interested in becoming a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant in Glens Falls, Lake George, or Queensbury NY? The Brave Leaders Unit would love to have you! Call Maureen O’Brien Hooker, Independent Mary Kay Sales Director in Glens Falls at (518) 744-4600 or email for more information on starting your own Mary Kay career today!