According to Steve Wynn (hotel mogul worth $4 billion), the strongest force in the universe is self esteem. He says, “If you can make someone feel good about themselves, they will love you for it. They will be loyal to you. If you get someone to feel better about themselves, you’ve hit the jackpot.”
The poet Maya Angelou famously said people will forget what you said and what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel.
7 out of 10 women feel they are not good enough and do not measure up in some way.
You can’t give what you don’t have, right? So girls, how do we learn to build self esteem so we can begin to impact the lives of others? Start with the following 3 things:
- Become acutely aware of your thoughts. Interrupt negative, destructive thoughts and replace them with positive expectations creating an abundance mindset.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. We always compare our worst to their best, right? So it’s no surprise that we always lose the comparison game. Be grateful for your strengths. Celebrate others who have what you want. When you see your dream being modeled in another, it becomes a reminder that it’s possible for you too!
- Take action! Act on your intuition. Do the thing you would do if circumstances like age, gender, social position, financial stability, race, weight, religion, etc., didn’t matter.
Not sure of what action to take? What’s the quickest way to take a first step? Improve the things about your appearance that you don’t like. They have an easy, inexpensive fix. And even the slightest improvement will inspire you to take your next best step.
- Start exercising. It can be as simple as a 20-30 minute walk at lunchtime.
- Select one food for which you could make a healthier choice. And change that one thing.
- Get together with a professional for customized skincare and the most flattering personalized make up advice. Be sure to work with someone who cares about how you want to be perceived, what you consider to be pretty, and has your best interests at heart.
You’ll be creating lasting impressions by building up the women you know and making a difference in their lives in no time!
Could you or someone you know benefit from a personal consultation? Let me help you create a cosmetic routine that Call (518) 744-4600 or drop me a note! Interested in finding out how you can help make a difference in other women’s lives? Learn how you can become a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant!